Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mexicanas Lesbianas Chingando

Where Grips looks like performance - January Impressions

Grips piece ends with a community and all closing scene is sung a song. Something "stick" with "bigger", "together be strong" or. It is about a child's or youth group who have problems that are solved in the end.


And then there are songs like Haram (Subtitle: History of a Moroccan family, directed by Yüksel Yolcu). Since the end is a song sung in Arabic, because in the end, all together, but Haram is different.


It tells the story of siblings Houari, Aziza and Said, who live in the Netherlands, but spend their holidays in Morocco in the relationship. On the last day of vacation to learn that only the father will go back "home" while the children remain with the mother in Morocco. The children (almost 14, 12 and 10) presents the problems on several: You could say goodbye to anyone, they can not good enough Arabic and, especially as the only girl Aziza worried about their future position. Houari from you and tear and wish to travel to the Netherlands ...


The piece lives mainly on the deviation of the typical Grips style, the roles are (apparently, of course not really) spread spontaneously on stage, in part, read from the text book. Thus, the story takes on an entirely different type of content away from driving, it makes it exciting for a sequence and blurs the line between players and audience - in a pleasant way here is the children's theater convention broken and the idea takes on an aesthetic that is more expected in the Sophiensælen or at HAU.

I was thrilled!

Even though the idea where I was (Sunday, 17 January, 18:00 clock) only about 30 people was a shame.


Finally, and as I've blogged so long, there is a section of a Text that also happens to be on 17 January is created - it will still grow, the text and has been the title cuisine days :


My father has the legs with plastic wrap. With what he puts in the winter to the balcony pots so the roots do not freeze to death. And it is not even an old, expensive table, but one of the Ikea brand Sören or Smorrebro.


I cut the plastic of my father and let it fall to the ground, which is gray and PVC, and let it lie there. Because the water on the stove, which is already connected, cooks. Or because it does not boil and the faster it does when the water through the opaque lid rigid.


The plastic is there and I do not see it because I want to look in the pot, and it concerns me anyway.

I think of Mara and the fact that they would not have their legs wrapped in plastic and not her father.

And because I really do not want to think about it.


first Version, January 2010 © Lisa Wiegand



PS: I will probably on 18 March 7:15 p.m. to 20:15 clock in the Moritzbastei Leipzig in Leipzig Long night of my text "After Cinnamon Cheese" Read - With me will also be my dear co-TJAler Jule, Khesrau and Kai. I would look for familiar faces there (comes from Berlin, Leipzig is only an hour away;)). For more information, here !


0 comments:

Post a Comment